More than a decade of scientific research provides the basis for the clinical results documented by the 60 Minutes Australia news team on November 6, 2011. Please see the scientific references below. The transcript and full-story can be viewed here:
Many thanks to all our patients, friends, and staff that have helped to make this happen and bring this forward.
1. Edward Tobinick M.D. Perispinal etanercept: a new therapeutic paradigm in neurology. Expert Review of Neurotherapeutics, 10(6), 985-1002 (2010).
2. Edward Tobinick M.D. Rapid improvement of chronic stroke deficits after perispinal etanercept: three consecutive cases. CNS Drugs. 2011 Feb;25(2):145-155.
3. Edward Tobinick M.D. Deciphering the physiology underlying the rapid clinical effects of perispinal etanercept in Alzheimer’s disease. Current Alzheimer Research, (2012, in press).
4. Edward Tobinick M.D. Targeted etanercept for treatment-refractory pain due to bone metastasis: two case reports. Clinical Therapeutics, 25(8), 2279-2288 (2003).
5. Edward Tobinick M.D., Britschgi-Davoodifar S. Perispinal TNF-alpha inhibition for discogenic pain. SMW, 133(11-12), 170-177 (2003).
6. Edward Tobinick M.D., Davoodifar S. Efficacy of etanercept delivered by perispinal administration for chronic back and/or neck disc-related pain: a study of clinical observations in 143 patients. Curr Med Res Opin, 20(7), 1075-1085 (2004).
7. Edward Tobinick, Gross H, Weinberger A, Cohen H. TNF-alpha modulation for treatment of Alzheimer’s disease: a 6-month pilot study. MedGenMed, 8(2), 25 (2006).
8. Edward Tobinick M.D.. The cerebrospinal venous system: anatomy, physiology, and clinical implications. MedGenMed, 8(1), 53 (2006).
9. Edward Tobinick M.D. Perispinal etanercept for treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. Current Alzheimer Research, 4(5), 550-552 (2007).
10. Edward Tobinick M.D.. Perispinal etanercept produces rapid improvement in primary progressive aphasia: identification of a novel, rapidly reversible TNF-mediated pathophysiologic mechanism. Medscape J Med, 10(6), 135 (2008).
11. E Tobinick, Gross H. Rapid improvement in verbal fluency and aphasia following perispinal etanercept in Alzheimer’s disease. BMC Neurology, 8, 27 (2008). [click to download a full-text formatted copy of the published, peer-reviewed article].
12. E Tobinick, Gross H. Rapid cognitive improvement in Alzheimer’s disease following perispinal etanercept administration. J Neuroinflammation, 5, 2 (2008). [click title to download a full-text formatted copy of the published, peer-reviewed article].
13. Edward Tobinick M.D. Tumour necrosis factor modulation for treatment of Alzheimer’s disease: rationale and current evidence. CNS Drugs, 23(9), 713-725 (2009).
14. Edward Tobinick M.D. Perispinal etanercept for neuroinflammatory disorders. Drug Discovery Today, 14(3-4), 168-177 (2009).
15. E Tobinick, Chen K, Chen X. Rapid intracerebroventricular delivery of Cu-DOTA-etanercept after peripheral administration demonstrated by PET imaging. BMC Res Notes, 2, 28 (2009). [click title to download a full-text formatted copy of the published, peer-reviewed article].
16. Edward Tobinick M.D. The value of drug repositioning in the current pharmaceutical market. Drug News and Perspectives, 22(2), 119-125 (2009). Review. PMID: 19330170.